Belgium coach confirms that Hazard has recovered from surgery

0
68

Source: BRUSSELS – Reuters

Belgian soccer coach Roberto Martinez said on Sunday that Eden Hazard has recovered well from ankle surgery but did not say when the Real Madrid striker would return.

Hazard underwent surgery in Dallas last month after suffering an ankle fracture.

The 29-year-old appeared to be out of action for a long time, but soccer activity was interrupted due to an outbreak of the Coruna Virus, meaning he might be participating this season if the Spanish league resumes.

Hazard was injured at the end of February during the loss to Levante after returning from weeks of absence for three months due to an injury. “I know he is recovering well,” Martinez said in an interview with Belgian media. “He does not go far from running but there are no complications. Everything went well in surgery but also we want everything to go well in four or five weeks after that and without Multiples”.

“We know he will come back stronger. We were fortunate to undergo surgery before the outbreak of the Corona virus. Otherwise, he would not have been able to travel and receive treatment outside Madrid. I have a positive feeling that Eden will return soon,” Martinez added.

Hazard moved to Real Madrid from Chelsea at the beginning of the season and scored one goal in 15 games with the former European champions.